Choose From Over 50 Commercial Office Moving Partners
When an organisation decides to change its current workspace – be it a complete relocation or a move within the existing building – it can be a time of excitement or dread, depending on the role of the employee.
If you are tasked with managing the relocation whether it’s the first time or you are seasoned facilities manager, any of our 50+ Commercial Moving Group (CMG) Members can help you not just avoid costly mistakes, but also share the weight of responsibility for the project.
Critically, in choosing a CMG Member for your commercial relocation you can have complete confidence not just in your decision, but also in their ability to deliver what is agreed, and often more besides!
Creating and maintaining a Standard for Commercial Moving
While most BAR members are able to provide a wide range of moving services for commercial and office relocations, the Commercial Moving Group (CMG) is a specialist sub group of BAR set up for that very purpose. All CMG Members can demonstrate this dedication by working towards and successfully attaining BS 8522 – the British Standard for Commercial Moving.
Formed in 1990 the CMG’s core aim is to promote the benefits of using certificated office moving specialists to the Facilities and Change Management Sectors, and to share knowledge between its Members. Created in 2009, after three years consultation with the British Standards Institute and other professional bodies, the BS 8522 Standard provides assurance that any of the 50+ CMG Members:
- Complies with all health & safety requirements;
- Is committed to corporate social responsibility in respect of its workplace, the environment and the community;
- Adheres to a published Code of Practice as set down by the British Association of Removers;
- Has demonstrated their expertise and ability to provide a professional service by padding a stringent selection criteria, and
- Has passed an annual external audit to ensure all standards of service are being met.
BS 8522 is a regular requirement for major tenders in both the public and private sectors. The Standard covers the three phases of a Commercial Move:
- PRE-MOVE: The initial contact, survey and quotation
- THE MOVE: The operations phase
- POST-MOVE: The follow-up, which includes quality measurement and the remedying of any shortcomings.
Find a Remover
To search please enter either a postcode or the removal company’s name.